what are some good hobbies for a SAHM?

im bored!!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Some of my friends scrapbook.
    I like to read and work-out, thats about all I do.
    Anonymous

• I scrapbook, crochet, knit, and read. My family makes fun of me because I'm 23 and love to knit and crochet.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I read a lot, watch movies and Photoshop! You can get Paint.NET for free at www.getpaint.net and it's a photo editing program that works a lot like photoshop. Some ladies around here have amazing siggy's that they have made in Paint.NET.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I quilt, a little crochet, and I take pictures all the time with my trusty old 35mm.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I like to knit and crochet. I used to quilt (baby blankets) but there is too much mess and I have no place to store my fabric (it's all in boxes in my closet right now). I scrapbook on the computer and write and I like to read occasionally. Mostly when I'm bored I scrapbook or knit.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Volunteering is always a fulfilling way to spend your time. Senior living homes love young children, and even pets if you have one that is calm (but you have to have a pet approved thru training programs.) This teaches children from a young age to be charitable, which is an excellent character trait. They learn kindness, gentleness, to act appropriate socially, etc.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Scrapbook, read, counted cross-stitch, bake, really the list is endless!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Art Journaling is fun, easy, inexpensive and you can do it anytime, even in the car. All you need is a journal, some different things to write and draw with, pictures from magazines or junk mail, a gluestick, and something to write or journal about...............(being bored, getting crayon marks off the wall, what it would feel like if you could fly, your favorite movie, why you love being a stay at home mom, what makes your child laugh, anything.............if you need more ideas or inspiration for art journaling, you can email me at amber.coffey@gmail.com ) Art journaling is a great release, it is creative, you do it just for you, not to share, so no pressure, have fun with it!
    SageSeven

Answer by SageSeven at 11:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I scrapbook, read, and cross-stitch. I also answer a lot of questions on here!! lol
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• For yourself or your kids??
    I've done just about every Art / Craft there is to do, plus home construction, remodeling, decorating. Feel free to ask me about anything you might be interested in. My favorite is stained glass, but maybe not practical with little ones. If you're interested though, I have a group on CM that teaches stained glass called, Stained Glass Obsession.
    Jewelry making is something that can be easily done with kids around - Or in short spans of time when they go to bed / school. If they are old enough you could get them their own plastic beads and let them make some too. That will keep them busy so that you can make yours, plus you will be spending time together. I've done this with mine since they were little and now, at 17, they can make some really beautiful stuff.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2009