Scared of being undesirable after giving birth, normal feelings?

I am pregnant with my first child and I am having feelings of depression thinking of myself looking and being undesirable as a mother and after I give birth.

I am in a LTR and he is totally fantastic. I want to look good for him and want him to feel attracted to me. I am so afraid I am going to lose "it" after I have this child.

Are these normal feelings?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YES. YES and YES. Don't forget your hormones are all over. I still feel this way and I am 7 weeks post. I don't like to be nakkid. But he reassures me that I am beautiful. This is completely normal... you are giving birth and that is a beautiful thing.
    tsc2007

Answer by tsc2007 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• These are completely normal feelings. I went through them, and I imagine pretty much every woman since Eve has felt this way. Even the stars, if they were honest. I highly recomend talking this out, and telling him how you feel.
    xv35ballx

Answer by xv35ballx at 1:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I feel the same way and even ended up crying the other day thinking about how I wont be attractive to him anymore. My husband kindly reassured me that he would still love me and think of me as beautiful. But I can definitely understand your feelings and would say it was normal.
    CherBear04

Answer by CherBear04 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2008