Meatloaf recipe?

OK ladies, I'm planning meatloaf for tomorrow, was just wondering if any of you have an awesome recipe. I make good meatloaf, but I'd like to blow the socks off DH this time. I always use 1/2 sausage and 1/2 ground beef, and that's what I have to work with. Shoot me some good ones!! I'm also making mashed potatoes, so if you guys know how to jazz those up too...Thanks!!

steveswife1130

Asked by steveswife1130 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Here is a recipe I got from Cooks.com for
    Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
    8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
    1 teaspoon minced chives

DIRECTIONS
    Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy.
    Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and chives if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• LOL..I googled 'how to jazz up your meatloaf' and had thousands of site hits..heres the one on top:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2289710_jazz-up-standard-meat-loaf.html

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Add some chives to the potatoes it's great!
    When I make meatloaf I add chopped carotts and red peppers. I've also made a red pepper sauce to go over the meat loaf. In a pan use a can of chopped tomatoes, dice a red pepper and onion. Add some italian seasoning and either serve it on top or on the side.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I leave out the pimento
    Meatloaf

* 1 small onion, chopped
    * 1 egg
    * 1 lb. ground beef
    * 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
    * 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    * 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth*
    * 1 tsp. Adobo or garlic salt
    * 1/4 tsp. thyme
    * an additional 1 cup cheddar cheese
    * 1 large jar chopped pimento

Mix all ingredients well except additional cheese and pimento. Press out on wax paper to a rectangular shape, 1/2" thick and the length of your loaf pan. Sprinkle with the additional cheese and the pimento, then roll up jelly-roll style using the wax paper to get the roll started. Place loaf pan upside down on wax paper over the rolled up meatloaf and flip all of it rightside up to put loaf in the pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 12:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Hey ladies . .sorry just wanted to leave a post so I can find this in my answers . . thanks!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I put shredded cheese in mine. Sounds weird tastes good. DH loves it! Oh and seasoned breadcrumbs, sometimes Parmesan cheese too.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 4:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• we use turkey, but always put onions, peppers, and sun dried tomatoes in. everything gets chopped really small. we never really measure, just add as much as we like. and usually put a thin glaze of just plain old ketchup on top. as for mashed potatoes, they are really yummy with garlic and cream cheese-instead of milk. we may use a small amount of milk in the end, depending on consistency. we just add to taste, and of course use salt & pepper. they'd probably be yummy with some chives in, as well. good luck, hope you have a nice dinner! now i'm hungry!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I just add an egg with my meat and cheese its or white cheddar cheese its...lol...its so good, but so simple.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I put some parmesan, italian bread crumbs (about a 1/4c of each), a tbs of worchester, and an egg. easy and yummy. o and sometimes chopped up mushroom and pepperoni, sounds weird, but sooo good.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I make mashed potatoes like normal but also add cream cheese and sour cream put it in a baking dish, top w/ bacon and cheddar cheese - bake until cheese melts.

Add a little bbq sauce or salsa to your meatloaf for a different flavor
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 6:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2009