Can babies get acne?

My son is 2 weeks old today, his face has been smooth until just about 2 days ago. Now he has a bunch of red bumps on his forhead. Im wondering if it is acne or some kind of rash maybe? If it is ance is there anything you can buy thats safe for babies to get rid of it?

NewAngel011009

Asked by NewAngel011009 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First off DO NOT PUT ANYTHING ON THE BUMPS ! Baby acne is perfectly normal, most babies get it at one point. As I was told when the baby is born they get a large amount of hormones transferred to them from their mothers. And just like teens having a hormone surge acne can develop. If it is baby acne it will clear up on its on. If you think it might be some sort of rash then you should talk to your ped before using anything on it.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 11:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I've heard of something called infant acne, so yes, I do think babies can get some variation of it.

I'm not sure how to treat it though, it would probably be best to call the pediatrician and ask =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• All of my kids have had it, just let it be and it will clear on it's own. There is however an organic cream, sorry don't know the name of it, that can clear up the baby acne if necessary.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yes they can but i dont know how to treat it, call the pedi
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son has a bit of baby acne, it is completely normal. And i was told just to leave it be. Dont try to pop them or put anything on it, it will clear up on its own.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes, it'll be gone in 2 to 3 weeks without doing anything to it. All my babies got it and I hated it. Your precious angel's skin will clear up, don't worry! It's normal. Congratulations.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes they can when my baby was 4 months he started getting acne and he is 12months and every know and then he breakes out in it and he ahs to go to the doctor.
    Mae83

Answer by Mae83 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009