Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Need all my teeth pulled for dentures. how do i find a dentist that will knock me out?

i cannot deal with just having my mouth numbed. help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2012 in Health

Answers (7)
  • Ouchy.

    Answer by MarGeee at 8:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

  • Finding an oral surgeon that can do the operation would be your best bet!

    Answer by MarGeee at 8:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

  • Google sedation dentistry + your state... start there


    Answer by Crafty26 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

  • I agree with Crafty. Sedation dentistry is your best starting point and there are usually quite a few of those oral surgeons/dentists around

    Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

  • Call your nearest hospital to get connected to the dentistry department. When general anesthesia is needed it is advised to have the procedure done at the Hospital where the necessary safety equipment is available.

    Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

  • Has a dentist told to remove all your teeth? If not they might talk you out of it if your teeth are still healthy enough GL
    Hope you get what you want ;)

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

  • yes butterfly, they ALL need to go. we have already pulled 2 in front that were cracked in half - I have a temp "stay plate" there right now. i just applied for CareCredit and I am now shopping around for a sedation dentist.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.