Has your toddler ever had Yellow poop! is this normal?

My son had white poop over the new year and it since then has been yellow to dark yellow. He eats all the time constantly wanting food in his mouth- I thought O.K. he's teething. Plus he' short for his age 15 mo.
The nurse said that kid's get white poop all the time it's just different food over the holidays. He's been on a normal schedule since then though? I keep thinking there might be something REALLY wrong. Any one have any answers? am I over reacting or should I demand an Apt with my doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids' poop ranges in color depending on what they're eating. Sometimes it's yellow-ish... I'm not sure how yellow you're talking =) If it concerns you then you have every right to go see the doctor. You shouldn't have to demand an appointment.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My sister called me one day because my son had "bright green poop. like, green grass" and she was flipping. Turns out it was the apple jacks he'd been eating!! You never know, but Silvertears1275 is right, if it concerns you, go to the Dr.
    frankiesmom125

Answer by frankiesmom125 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• White poop is alot of milk in the diet. I wouldn't worry. You'll see alot of truly amazing things come out of his butt throughout his life. If he seems healthy, he's probably just fine. Short kids are healthy and normal too. Relax a little. Good luck Mom!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• supermarket brand Froot Loops made my daughter poop purple....I knew cuz a couple days earlier my bf told me had a purple bm...and they the only one who ate the cereal
    feelingthekicks

Answer by feelingthekicks at 6:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My daughter just recently started drinking more milk then usual and she had white poop almost like clay. I called the doctor and the nurse told me that it is probably just the milk in her system. She told me the only time to worry about poop is when it is black or red. Or if it is an odd color meaning white yellow and they seem as though they are in PAIN. Today she had like a neon yellow poop and my mom told me it is fine. I hope this helps you.
    jenspin0103

Answer by jenspin0103 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I know this is an old question but I wanted to answer it b/c the responses people put were wrong! If you toddler has white poop it can be a blockage in the bile system or liver problems! I am currently going through this with my son and would hate for anyone to just dismiss this problem as too much milk or holiday food! Definitely pursue blood work or even an ultrasound of your child's liver.
    trish33w

Answer by trish33w at 4:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010