When did your baby smile for real?

My mom SWEARS that my four-week-old daughter smiles and coos at her already.

Of course, if she truly is doing all this, she sure as hell hasn't done it for me.

Is my mom delusional, or is it really possible?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest son grinned in response to my smile at about two weeks. He did it consistently, so I am convinced it wasn't gas. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 12:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My little guy smiled around 5 weeks and did it consistently when we made funny faces at him. So it could be very possible that your baby is smiling.....cute I miss those days:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Could be possible that she is smiling real smiles already. I read that babies who are talked to and cuddled a lot tend to smile earlier. I wana say my son was around 4 or 5 weeks when he started smiling a lot.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It could be real, but it will be more likely in a week to two. Lets just say she's delusional so you get the first smile not grandma!!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• my daughter started about 5 weeks and would smile at anyone but me lol. But she 9 weeks now and smiles all the time and is staring to laugh, i love it! she never smiles when she has gas just gets a real strange look on her face like shes trying to think way to hard. So yes i think its very well possible she could be.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Let grandma have her moment - her first REAL smile will be for you.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It's very possible! My son smiled at a week old and did it after it again and again. My daughter smiled at 2 weeks old .. she constantly smiled at her Grammy singing to her.. (though no one else likes the singing) my daughter sure loves it.

It is POSSIBLE!
    xxsweetpeaxx68

Answer by xxsweetpeaxx68 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2009