What to do with a baby who spits up a lot?

My son is two months old and he spits up a lot. Some days more than others, but sometimes it just seems like a lot to me. It doesnt seem to bother him, and its not like projectile or anything. I know that some babies just spit up a lot, but it worries me he isn't getting the nutrition he needs. He is formula fed, and I always try and get at least 3 good burps outa him, and keep him in an upright position for at least 15 min after a feeding. I dont think id reflux, but idk. Some times it will come out of his nose and he will scream and freak me out. I just get worried about it. Any sugestions? Sorry Im full of questions tonight.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what formula are u giving him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son was a spitter upper. Really nothing to do if it dosen't seem to bother him. My son would spit up through his nose occasionally. Buy lots of bibs and that may save some laundry and time. Sometimes all I'd need to do would be to change his bib instead of his whole outfit.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Try a slower nipple. Maybe he's getting too much too quick.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• He is on the slow flow nipples, and he is on enfamil lipil. He goes for his 2 month check up wed so I am going to make sure to talk to the doc about it. And he seems to be growing like crazy but idk. Just worries me.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Some kids are just spitter uppers...Mine was. As long as he is growing fine and not fussy then he's probably okay. The doctor might want to put him on medication for GERD.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Try Mylecon its anti-gas medication, I give it to my DS at night during his fussy time and it really helps keep him from over eating and spitting up.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son was a spitter really bad the first few months. Now hes' 5 1/2 months and we switched from Enfamil Lipil to Enfamil GentleEase and its made quite a bit of difference. He doesn't seem to have such a hard time digesting it. Maybe you should discuss this with the pedi. Good Luck.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 4:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My daughter would spit up constantley and be screaming all night more than the usual waking up to be held. We took her to the Dr.s and she has reflux just like our indigestion painful and uncomfortable. Go the Dr.s and see what they recommend. Goodluck.
    EVER314

Answer by EVER314 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thanks for all of your help. He had his checkup today, and the doc sugested a change so were trying to soy formula. I just hope it helps out.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2009