What to do about hard poo?

My lil girl poops every day but just for the last week or so she has been pooping hard turds. Shes only a month in a half, should I be concerned? Anything I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure what you can do for her being that she is so young. I've just gone through this with my 9 month old. Call your dr and ask what is ok for her. You can also try infant massage on her tummy to help her along with her pooh's.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• see if you can give her some mineral oil to help her constipation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My niece had that problem. Her dr said the formula had too much iron and that is what caused the constipation. I would call the Dr if it continues.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Mom your child is gassy. ( if gassy is a word) Soon she will not be able to go at all. She has too much iron in her diet. Give her juice mommy. I know some will say the doctor said....
    Mom give her juice once a week. 2oz will keep her normal. If not you will see blood in her bowels.. just spotting don't get alramed and take her to the doctor. It will come from straining and pushing hard to get the boo boo out.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My daughter had the same problem. Her dr told us to use baby pear or adult prune juice. 1-2 oz a day, and dilute it. The tummy massage works, but be careful. I'm a massage therapist, and I know you can actually do some harm. Also, stimulating the anus with a wipe. not too hard, because they can bleed easily, but WHILE she is pooing. Other than those things, you're gonna need a sipository...and ALWAYS talk to the doctor before doing that. Good luck momma!! Also, if she's having too much iron in her diet, try switching to soy formula or a low iron one if that's what you are feeding her. :)
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• How hard? Dry? Pellet like? What's her diet?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009