Constant bleeding? PLease help!!!!!!!!!!!

HI, everyone! I am seriously desparate by now!!!! I had my second baby June of 2007. He was a premie, at 35 weeks. I have breasfead for about 4 months, and after my milk was almost gone, I sopped, and the same day had my period. It's been a year and a half, and I am constantly bleeding on and off.
For example, I would start to spot for about a week, then heavy flow for about a week, then sppoting again for 4-5 days.
Last months, I was bleeding, but not too heavy for about 3 weeks, and 10days after it stopped I started a not too heavy bleeding again.
I have been at OBGY, had all kinds of testing: peps, intro- vaginal ultrusound, and even byopsy. None of those showed any signs of cancerous or pre- canserous cells.
That was a relif, but I am still bleeding!!!!! And suggestions???? Anyone had it too??? Please help me out!
Thank you, Alina

russianqueen711

Asked by russianqueen711 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• My best friend is like that. She finally got an IUD and it seemed to stop it. She has problems with ovarian cysts too, and possible endometriosis (sp).
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• different birth controls can sometimes help but if you want a more likely solution...and don't want more children. an obgyn can do a thermal ablation procedure which typically leaves women without a period or at least lightens periods for a long time. it is fairly minor surgery and someone i know has not had a period since they had it done almost a year ago.
    kaufmt0220

Answer by kaufmt0220 at 4:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My mother was bleeding non-stop for about 9 months. She almost died.
    You really can bleed to death if it's heavy enough, long enough. Her DR. told her when she quit bleeding, come back in and he'd give her some hormones!!! Well, she never quit.
    Finally, she went to the ER, and needed 5 units of blood.
    She had a D&C, which solved the problem for about a year; eventually she had a hysterectomy - which she strongly advises against. She's had nothing but problems with hormones ever since.

Just be careful - don't let this bleeding go on to long. A D&C is a relatively minor procedure that may give you some relief. They also tested her tissues from that and found she had some pre-cancerous cells in her uterus. They called it exometriosis.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009