baby names

so i thought i wanted to name my second boy jaysen, but not i'm kind of wanting to name him jayden. my son's name is kayden. would it be wierd and wrong to name my baby who is due in april jayden? please any advice helps

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not weird but it will be confusing. The boys will get confused at who you will be calling or yelling at in a few years.Jaysen is a nice name, odd spelling but nice name.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Its YOUR baby. Just remember that you may get a little tongue tied when trying to call for your child..I mean my name is Jessica and my brothers name is Shay and my mom still got it confused like when she was mad at stuff lol. I hear that happens a lot when a mother has more than one. I cant imagine how hard that might be when the names rhyme. CUTE NAMES THOUGH!
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 2:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• P.S. cute spelling too but also remember that you will never be able to find things with their name on it unless you get it specially made.
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 2:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't think it would be wrong, but I think it could be very confusing to have two kids with rhyming names. It might not always be clear who you're calling for or talking about. And be prepared for someone to ask if they're twins if you talk about your boys when they're not around.

You've still got time to decide whether Jayden is the name you really want or Jaysen or something else, so don't stress too much.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The names are definitely similar. I don't like really similar sibling names but hey that is just me. my nephew's name is jayden and he has a lot of other kids named jayden in his class. some are girls and some are boys and they are all spelled differently than his Jayden.
    kaufmt0220

Answer by kaufmt0220 at 4:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i PERSONALLY wouldnt do that..i mean, unless they were twins..but they clearly arent..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Its weird cause when i found out i was pregnant i really wanted a boy and the names i had were either going go be Kaiden Christopher or Jayden Michael. I love both of the names and i think you should go for it!!!! My name is kate and my sisters is kelly ; people mix our names up. I dont think it matters though. Go for it!!!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I love the name Jayden lol that was one of my top names to pick from hah but I don't think it would be wrong or weird!! It's your choice and lots of families these days have children with rhyming names or names that all start with j, etc. Good luck on picking the name!!:)
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 2:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• how about jaylen
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 4:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• to vickyburns...i'm having another boy and jaylen is a girl's name
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009