How far would you be willing to go to help another mother?

I think the question explains itself. There was a question earlier from a mom who was being treated horribly by her husband. People were telling her where they lived and saying they would help if she wanted it. How much would you actually do for a mother you had never met?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• i took a pregant teen in off the street:) ilove helping people
    aidensmommy18_2

Answer by aidensmommy18_2 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Wow, good question. I would do anything I could but I'm afraid I wouldn't tell them where I lived. State and county sure but not exact. Safety reasons..... We have no idea how legit what they are saying is. I know as a rule I go out of my way to help others but not at the cost of safety for my kids. I would give them contact information if that would help.

mrsrevjohnson

Answer by mrsrevjohnson at 2:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• As far as needed, I dont think I would so much be helping the mother as much as I would help the kids though. I know that involves helping her too but I would do it only for the sake of the kids
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would call shelters, social services for her and get her all the help she needs that way. I wouldn't take her in because other places have ALL the resources she needs for now AND to set up her future.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would do for someone what I hope someone would do for me.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree w/poter who said she might not give out address and stuff.I would love to believe that the person was who they said they were...but I would also have to think about the safety of my kids....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have been in some god awful places through out my life and while I know there are ppl out there who scam others I would take her and the kids in and then network w/ her to get her where she needed to be w/ her children.
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 10:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• what ever i could do!!
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i would go as far as needed, or as far as i could without straing myself emotionaly or fincailly.
    basicly right up to the point that it would do more damage to me then benifit to her
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009