What are ways to tell what sex the baby will be? (old wives tales etc.)

jtinsley

Asked by jtinsley at 2:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• holding a string with your wedding ring over your belly. I cant remember though what it is for girls, or boys. I do know that if it swings back and forth one way it means one thing and if it swings in a circle it means another.... Anyone else heard of this and remember which is which?
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 5:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• The one that proved true for me was the cravings. If you crave salty, sour, or spicy things you are having a boy... If you are craving sweets, it's a girl. I have found this true with me and even with others I know. There are a lot of sayings, but the others I don't really depend on too much!
    JustMeTiff

Answer by JustMeTiff at 6:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• if it swings back and forth its a boy, if it swings a circle its a girl! the above replies are correct for I had 7 kids!!
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 7:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I always just knew what it was
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 12:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• STAIGHT FROM MY BOOK PRGNANCY SUCKS,,, GIRLS LIST, CARRY HIGH, CRAVE SWEETS, HAVE A WIDE BELLY, HOLD WEIGHT IN UR TUSH, HAVE STRONG MORNING SICKNESS, HAVE A LARGE LEFT BREAST, YOUR HAIR GETS HIGHLIGHTS, YOUR PEE IS LIGHT IN COLOR, YOUR BABY HAS A FAST HEART BEAT, RING DANGLED OVER BELLY GOES IN CIRCLES, YOU WONT EAT THE ENDS OF BREAD. BOY LIST, CARRY LOW, CRAVE SALTY OR SOUR FOODS, HAVE A ROUND BELLY, HOLD WEIGHT IN YOUR STOMACH, HAVE LITTLE MORNING SICKNESS, HAVE DARK NIPPLES,YOU HAVE FAST GROWING LEG HAIR, YOUR PEE IS DARK, YOUR BBY HAS A LOW HEART BEAT, RING DANGLED OVER BELLY SWAYS FROM SIDE TO SIDE, YOUR FEET ARE COLD.. HOPE THAT HELPS KIND OF WERID BUT LIKE I SAID THAT CAME STRAIGHTY FROM MY BOOK.
    MOMMY2BNOV21

Answer by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2008