feng shui

tried asking this question on home and garden, but got no responses. maybe here somebody will know what it is? i'm looking for fellow feng shui enthusiasts!

chickenhobbit

Asked by chickenhobbit at 2:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I study it to a certain degree.. but I dont really have the time or patience to get REALLY into it, lol. I am a Zen Buddhist, so I am more into the theories of balance and relativity that go along with Feng Shui, and how I can incorporate it into my house and life!

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 3:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If I had the time and energy (bad pun, ha), I certainly would practice it. I'm all for making the "flow" in my house calmer, ack!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I had my old apartment set up with feng shui and my friend helped me. She knew a lot.
    I should rearrange my living room to be more feng shui friendly, if you will, but Ive got to find out where everything would need to go and if its even possible.

I can tell you it did help the flow of my apartment.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Feng Shui is the proper placement of things based on their elements in order to allow Chi (life force, energy, or however you understand it) to flow harmoniously. Blocked Chi is what causes many of the problems we encounter in life.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• it's alot complicated that much I know. deals with the flow of chi in your house. And first you have to find your number then set everything in certain areas based on the elements and your given number. I've read here and there, but by no means an expert on it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Oh yes... I'm no expert, but I do know a little. We tried to implement it in our home a while ago --- but we are just sooooooo cramped in here (6 people in 1200 sq ft) that we feel satisfied if we can just NOT trip on toys more than every 4 steps walking around in here! LOL

It is really complicated, too... and I'm not real sure how effective it is seeing as how we're doing better (emotionally, financially, you name it) than most anyone else we know --- but I would like to try it when we get a bigger house. OR --- just by chance... maybe we're just accidentally implementing it in a few areas w/o realizing it LOL -- maybe that's why we're doing so well!!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2009