Does anyone know of any legitimate "Work from Home" jobs?

My broken ankle hasn't completely healed yet and I'm trying to get some extra money up to get my first book of poetry copywritten. I'll then have to get that copywrite registered with the Library of Congress. That won't be free either. But I know it takes money to make money. So, tell me something good ladies...

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 2:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you are looking for a job, there are some places that I found on the internet that you can go. One place is www.elance.com. That is where I found my job. You can put your resume on their and bid on jobs that are open. It can be hard because you are bidding against people from India that offer $2.00/hr for administrative services. We all know that you can not afford to live on that in the US! Also you can check out the following sites. I know they are legit...but I don't know if they are hiring.

www.youdictate.com
    www.convergysworkathome,com
    www.liveopps.com
    www.typeascan.com
    www.diondatasoutions.net/opportunities
    www.axiondata.com

If you are looking for your own home based business, that is when there is a start up cost. It all depends if you want a job or a business.

Good luck!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Every single one i have encountered, you pay money up front, and then you are on your own. None of them are any good. I wouldn't trust them.
    LunarEclipse

Answer by LunarEclipse at 2:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have tried every thing to make money from home. I have found many scams and many other things that take too much time and I made pennies. I was totally against Direct Sales until I found the right leader and product. I did 2 direct sales companies before I found my passion and the right people to lead me to the top. Now, I have a home business that I just LOVE. Organic Chocolate and Weight loss...I've lost 10lbs in 14 days by eating chocolate before my meals. If you want to know more, PM me.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• http://cashcrate.com/460460

I fill out surveys and make easy money it is no scam! Its great! The more ppl you refer the better the money is. I fill out a survey here and there but I make the most money off my referals. Everytime a referal gets to $10 you get a bonus on top of that you get a 20 percent of everything they make! You recieve a dollar for just doing your information! Good luck
    ams7572

Answer by ams7572 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have two direct sales companies I work for but you have to sell to make money. Nothing is free you have to work to get paid.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I hope your ankle starts healing better. How about selling candles. It's free and you can make great money. You can sell right from your computer. I sell Diamond Creek Candles and let me tell you, these candles sell themselves. I was making money my first day. I love this! PM and let me help you. I can get you up and running today. No money needed! : )
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes, I have a complete list of REAL Legitimate Home JOBs. Not scams, Not Cash Crate Crap-o-la, but actual Weekly Pay Check Jobs where you work from home. Some even come with insurance and unemployment benefits.
    I will never ask you for money for a list and neither will anyone else. And just to top it all off, Tomorrow we start our first "Giveaways" We will be giving away Club Penguin and Starbucks gift cards with NO get paid to. You just enter to win, there is a winner each week while supplies last. I'm putting the finishing touches on now. The contest maybe up and running later today, but by tomorrow for sure. Just go to StuckAtHomeMom.com
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Have you ever thought about joining Shaklee, we have great supplements that can help with your ankles and overall health. Interested, feel free to contact me at www.shaklee.net/zaranis
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• There are definately great ideas out there.. You just need to know where to look. I always suggest starting your own business which can be a lot easier than you think. I have found great ideas and resources at stuffformoms.info. Also there are Freelance job links as well. It is all new updated!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Check out www.etsy.com. As a writer/poet, you would be able to sell your poetry and any other artwork or handmade item that you make. Opening your own store is free and it is $.20 per every listing you make. There are Cafemom Etsy groups as well as groups on Flickr, facebook etc that you can join to network and advertise your work.

Here's mine:
    http://www.capturecapemay.etsy.com . I have a photography shop.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009