Do I deserve one...??

ok, I got prego at 16. Stayed in school, and I just graduated two days ago (from an alternative high school) I have been busting my ass since she was born so I could be a good example for her. Well my graduation ceremony is next friday, and I want to have a graduation party. Am I wrong to want one?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Not at all! You have earned it. Celebrate and enjoy!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Ok, yeah you deserve one. I had my son in high school and stayed and graduated and now i'm in collge. But, I don't think it's such a big deal to graduate high school and have a baby. I didn't go to an alternative high school, and i'm not saying its a bad thing to go to one. But i think high school is pretty easy with or with out a kid. Depending on what high school you go to of course.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Depends on what you mean by "party" lol. I got pregnant at the end of my senior year and wanted to party and drink or whatever when I graduated, but I had to live with the chioces i made and having a kid means you have to give up somethings.
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 2:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Not at all. There is no reason for you to feel bad about having a party to celebrate. It is hard getting through school with a child, but you still did. You have even more reason for celebrating than other students do. You worked hard to get where you are, and you deserve it. Go ahead and celebrate! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    LunarEclipse

Answer by LunarEclipse at 2:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• go ahead and have a party
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Wooo Hoooo good for you! have the biggest party you can afford, you deserve it!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• are you going to have alcohol there? im just curious, cause that is where i would say not to have one, but if you wanted to have all your friends come over you could have a great party... see about having someone be your photographer and make a theme out of it... i think if you busted your ass and worked hard, keep setting the example.. dont drink, but show her you can have a good time... you've earned it hon... so many moms in school in my day... didnt get to graduate, but now there are programs that help the young moms get ahead and get them to their goals....
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Have your party, young lady. You deserve it. Have fun!!!!
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 2:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009