Do you feel bad when you step on a snail?

It rained all day here in SoCal and in the 2 trips I made to the trash I was stepping on something "crunchy", well I know  to look for the big a$$ suckers they gross me out, but upon closer viewing, in the soft light of the moon and patio light, I saw a few of the tiniest, itty bittiest baby snails : ( like the size of a kids pinkie nail. I salvaged 2 and put them in a plastic cup to save their lives, they are cute!!!!!!! After that I looked carefully under that pale moonlight and realized the damn crunching was like 100 of them under my boots! EWWWWWWWWWWW

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Awww, the poor wee things. But it's all part of nature and not your fault. You are so sweet for caring about the live ones.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think the crunch makes me feel worse then actually killing them. Icky, gooey little fellas. Way to go!!! You saved a couple!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No, those cute itty bitty "cute" snails will grow into big snails that will ruin your lawn or garden.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No problem Rebecca my evil plan is to raise them til they're full grown and them tossing them onto the lawn of my mean neighbor behind me!! bruhahaha!!!!, No but really, I feel grossed out and bad. This past summer as I was wearing flip flops and doing yardwork I stepped on one full force with my left foot and the "GOO" literally shot and splattered on my right foot and toes and all! EWWWWWWWW! I never grabbed the water hose so fast!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The room my DH and I sleep in was built very poorly at ground lever so slugs get in our room (I know sick) And I step on like 3 every year...it is sick!!! I dont feel bad though...they are nasty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• ye-e-e-essssss!
    i like to walk barefoot when the weather is nice and the ants aren't biting, and i've stepped on more than my fair share of slugs. bluh....ch. i do feel sorry for them, i hate damaging any kind of creature.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 3:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• At lease snails have a shell and a little traction lol, I was once invaded by slugs when I was pregnant and stepped on, slipped and fell right on my butt.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• lol NOOOO!!! i purposely find them just to step on!! i loove that crunchy noise!! my daughters the same way..but she wont step on them, she'll go and grab her bike and ride on top of them!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes, I do. They are gross but I still hate to kill the little things.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Depends what shoes i'm wearing.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 8:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2009