My daughter ( Brittany) thinks she's in love.

My daughter likes a 16 year old boy ( she's 12 ) and he is her dream man she says, she said he asked her for her virginty and she wants to know if it's love or lust?

Expectingnomore

Asked by Expectingnomore at 3:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Seriously, WTF?

How is she spending time with a 16 year old? And why, at age 12, does she even HAVE a dream man?

It's NOT love, it's YICKY.

I would certainly hope that if she has this kind of time and imagination that her grades are A+.

Start her on BC unless you are ready to be a grandma.

HOLY HECK my mind is boggled. WOW. WOW.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The REAL question is why in the WORLD are you letting her talk to a boy that is FOUR YEARS older than she is. EXPECIALLY if he is telling her things like that. THAT IS SICK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Uh, I remember being 12, its a far cry from 16 HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!! I don't understand why she is even spending time w/this boy. This is the problem w/our girls, they are not feeling loved enough or getting enough attention at home, so they look for BF? and Babies. Honestly, where the hell is modesty anymore. Where the hell is the father? I feared my dad. NO BFs were allowed in my teens. It didn't stop me but it certainly slowed me. Are these parents coming from the 60s parents. I just don't get why people my age have problems rearing and disciplining their young children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• BE Careful. I Started Experimenting At 11 And Lost My Virginity At 14 (Wanted To At 13 If I Recall Correctly)
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I'd put a stop to it fast. I'd probably go as far as to talk to his parents. My moms a nurse in an ob office. She has 10-14 year olds come in all the time. It's ridiculous but who's the parent? I don't mean that rude. It's really not directed at you . . . it's just in general for the young teens who are pregnant.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would contact this boy and his parents and tell them to keep their perverted son away form my daughter. You should also keep a close eye on your daughter, unless you don't mind her ending pregnant like some of the teens on this website.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The only way she should be pledging her virginity is if he is asking her to wait until they are old enough to get married.
    Otherwise, a 12 year old with a 16 year old boy is setting her up to be a 14 year old mommy.
    Please help her end this.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• umm I take both sides.....i have always had friends that were all sorts of ages...for example at my 13th birthday the age range was 6 - 15 and they were all my friends that I hung out with every day...and my family was cool with it....also my 15 year old sister dated a 25 year old but my parents were pretty good about making sure they were only allowed to be at home while she was watching them and he turned out to be a really really good guy who is still around (not dating her though) 6 years later.....I think it really depends on the child and the guy and how involved the parents are....the fact that she is talking to you about this is great.....my parents were always open with us and for that reason we were always open with them as well....good luck whatever you decide to do.....
    Lillette

Answer by Lillette at 9:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• anon do you really have to single out teen mothers? i was a teen mother i can take care of my son better than my 26 tr old friend with her son who is only a month younger than mine!!
    armyissuedwife2

Answer by armyissuedwife2 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Anon: I was a teen mother... I am probably a way better mom than most of the girls my age who are just now having children. My family all had kids at a semi-young age and I grew up in a very large family.

But yes, not every dream for a mother is for her child to be pregnant at an early age. But this isn't even the first problem in your case. The first problem is that your 12 y/o thinks that she needs love from a boy. I think she should start seeing a counselor and you should end this relationship asap. I also think that you should speak to his parents in a totally non-confrontational way. Tell them that you think their son is a great boy, but too old for your daughter at this point. Ask them to help support you in your decision not to allow your daughter to date because of the age difference.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 12:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009