Caylee Anthony's gradfather

I just saw a news video that Caylee's grandfather tried to commit suicide? Has anyone else heard anything?

WAganma56

Asked by WAganma56 at 4:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no... whats the website to that video?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• did he do that cause of his dead grandaughter or cause of his daughter thats in prison?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes; it was all over the news - the ones that aren't obsessed with Obama at any rate. LOL. It's really sad; I personally think the grandparents knew all along what had happened. But they are parents & didn't want to believe it. They got caught up in their daughters fantastical story probably out of shell-shock. They knew their daughter was mentally unhinged; but grandparents have no rights over the parent's rights concerning the children. It's a horrible situation. This is a travesty of the Laws that help murders murder. I feel for the whole family. Not only have the parents lost their beautiful granddaughter who was the light of their lives, but they will now loose their daughter - either to lethal injection or mandatory imprisonment for the criminally insane. None of this needed to happen had the Laws been written to protect the children.
    snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 5:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• snowgirl79 so there going to inject her to kill her? whats mandatory imprisonment? does that mean for the rest of your life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• really I still havent seen that.
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 5:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• He sent text messages to family members stating that he doesn't want to live anymore and that he wants to be with Caylee and make sure that she is with God. Right now he is Baker Acted in a hospital in Daytona Beach. The Orange County sheriff dept. was able to track down his cell phone pings to a hotel room in Daytona Beach. He was really calm when the police came into his room and agreed to go to the hospital.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• well i live down here in florida and have been following the case somewhat..i do hope we find out what really happened and casey does not get away with accidental murder and lying to herself and others..I believe the grandfather knows more than he is saying and that is why he supposedly tried to kill himself..i believe he is a retired ex-policeman, i think from up north, and he knows how to trick and foil a case. i believe if anyone really wants to kill themselves, they do it period. this does add more drama to this case...this is my opinion
    yiayiaann

Answer by yiayiaann at 7:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

Death Penalty still active in Florida. She will probably get a lethal injection.

Mandatory imprisonment for the criminally insane is a prison term served out in a mental facility designed for heartless killers - those with no conscious. 

Had there been help available that was affordable - and ALLOWED the grandparents to take custody of this grandchild - this tragedy could have been avoided.

I hold the Law responsible ...

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I can't wait to see what was in the 5 - 6 page suicide note!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• "I can't wait to see what was in the 5 - 6 page suicide note! "

You're sick.............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2009