did you hear of the beauty pagent girl that recently got amputated just because she had a UTI?

that's so scary to have your hands and feet chopped off because of a urinary tract infection spreading threw your body!

bettyboob83

Asked by bettyboob83 at 5:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh. It's so sad.

And she's only in her very early 20's.

So tragic.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 5:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• yes very sad, poor girl.
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 5:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Is there a link? I was hoping to find one on AOL but not. CNN only has minor ticker, I'll check online. I wanted to know what kind of infection. I can't believe a UTI. No Way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• They thot she originally had kidney stones. There must be more to this story. Often the media misses medical explainations.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I found an article on news.com. So sad!!!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I can explain a little more because this actually happened to me. Its a UTI which a certain bacteria gets into the bloodstream and affects the kidneys, it's then called (i'll spell it as it sounds), polynofrightis. I had it when I was last pregnant for my last child. It was extremely scary and I almost lost my life. At first they wouldn't listen to me, then they said it wasn't my kidneys. And the first test they did showed nothing but they finally admitted me and the next day they found out. I had to go to ICU I was so bad. After I had my child, they called me the walking miracle. After she was born I had no more problems. It's definitely scary.
    mommamiafive

Answer by mommamiafive at 8:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• A uti? are you sure? where can i read the original article? not that i don't believe this can happen but it is a bit extreme. i havw been a nurse for 25+ YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A UTI LEADING TO AMPUTATIONS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The infection cause gangrene which led to the amputations.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• she unfortunately passed away today. :-(
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Her name was Mariana Bridi and she was only 20 yrs old. From Brazil, Miss World, Horrible

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009