at what age did your child learn how to use the potty on there own?

and at what age did they start telling you they had pee or poop in there diaper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• William started using the potty with my help back in Sept 2008 at 2yr and 3mos. He has only just mastered it and still needs help with his underwear but now he tells me.

notquiteMartha

Answer by notquiteMartha at 5:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Everyone told me that when they are ready there will be signs and you should do when they are ready! My daughter is 3 now and she was mostly trained by 2 1/2 but I still wipe her after number 2 because they can't get it clean enough in my opinion. I still put a diaper on at night but it is usually dry in the morning.
    MQS

Answer by MQS at 7:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My daughters were both fully trained just after their 2nd birthday. I have the summers off, so I decided to dedicate a week or two to really work on it. They were already showing signs of being ready. They were both fairly easy! Thank goodness! I started off by taking them on a schedule, not asking them if they needed to go. I told them it was time to go to the potty. They sat on the potty and looked at a favorite book and eventually they went in the potty! Then I rewarded them. As they began to have many successes, they would begin to tell me when they needed to go. They got an extra sticker when they initiated it. Once they really started to go on their own fairly consistently (within two days) we put panties on. I did not use Pull-ups! They are just fancy, expensive diapers! We also took the potty chair with us in the car when we went to the mall. We stopped on the side of the road and went potty!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• 2nd bday, it took him about 4 days and he was day trained. He told me when he had to go, but not in his diaper on the potty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• 19 months during the day, and about 23 months to be dry thru the night.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My oldest was 13 months. My other kids have all been around 2 1/2. My daughter have been dry all night from a year old. My sons have night issues. My oldest wasn't dry all night every night until he was 9, my 5 year old still wets the bed,
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• 3
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009