Small lump on baby's chest

Earlier this month I noticed a pea sized lump, a bit bluish in color on my baby's chest. I decided to keep my eye on it...and knowing her 2 month "well baby" check up was on the 9th, I would have her pediatrician take a look at it. Turns out shes no longer covered under MY insurance and hers has not gone through yet (added to our blue shield family plan). Today, I googled, "small bluish bump on infants chest" and get results for a cancer called Neuroblastoma. It affects many children under 5 and spreads quickly it sounds like. I am going to see if her dr will see her on Monday (and just pay for the visit out of pocket). I am so scared now. Anyone else see such a thing on their own baby, that WASNT this cancer? Anything to put my mind at ease through the weekend would be great. I am very concerned and feel so helpless that she hasnt been seen.

holycow

Asked by holycow at 6:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm so sorry that something so scary is happening right now. I hope and pray that it is something else and that everything will be fine. I don't have an answer about your baby's lump, but I just wanted to make a comment about your insurance. Your baby is covered under your insurance as a part of you for the first month. If you spoke with the HR department for wherever the insurance comes from (your work or you hubby's) they should have had the baby enrolled and on his own insurance with out a lapse. If there is any lapse in coverage call the HR department and let them know. You shouldn't have any gaps like that for a new born baby. It doesn't sound right. IF the insurance sees the gap they could attempt to use it against you in the future. Make sure all of your bases are covered! I hope your baby is just fine! Try no to stress until you can see the doctor.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• And please keep us posted on how your little one is doing!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son had a lump in the middle of his chest, turns out he just kinda grew out of it, doc said nothing to worry about...
    Best to get it checked by a doctor...
    Im sure your little one is fine, but I will keep you and your little one in my thoughts.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009