Do you think a dogs life is more important than a human life?

Perhaps I may be too sensitive. When I see a child, elderly person or an animal abused it touches my heart deeply. Although, a child is precious and helpless, an elderly person and a dog can be too. Besides,all three can be unvoiced. Which life is more important to you?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 7:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pets

• I believe all life is equal and that one should not have to question which is more important as they are equal.
    equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Undoubtedly a childs life! No explanation needed for this question, IMO
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• HUMAN lives are MORE important than an animal lives...period.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Not a question that should even be asked. Although my heart bleeds when I hear about elder and animal abuse, a child is the most innocent of all of them.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 7:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Think about how people see things....if a pet is in great pain and there is no cure, we put them to sleep so they don't suffer yet to do that to a personis against the law. Do we love and respect our pets more than the people we love? Seems like that is what the law wants us to do.

donnabuzybee

Answer by donnabuzybee at 11:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• when i was a child i seemed to think an animals life was more important but i am now an adult. any human life is more important then an animal. maybe that is why were so quick to put them down when they suffer.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• definitly a child but i do have to sayi dont like hearing a dog has been abused.i love animals they are so unconditional...but a child is also defensless.dont get me wrong abuse of any kind is wrong..i know...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• A persons life!!! A dogs life in no way compares to the life of a person. I don't even see how they can even be in the same category at all! There is no comparison....and I think people viewing animals lives more important then a human, is a major part of societies problems. Most people, if given the choice to feed a homeless dog or a homeless man, would choose the dog, and thats ridiculous. I am a dog lover and treat my dogs great, but they are animals, not humans.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Children and elderly are more important.... but I too tear up when I see those ads for abused animals.... If I had to choose to save a child or a dog....... no choice, the dog is gone. If I had to choose to save a dog or a criminal..... the dog is gone. But I'd still cry for the dog. I could and would get over the dogs death long before I could or would EVER get over letting a human die.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would butcher a dog to feed my kids if that is all there was-they are not important to me-well, not equal to humans. But, abusing them is not right.
    Anonymous