Is your DH/SO romantic?

Does your other half do little quirky things to be romantic for no reason? I mean, out of the blue - not just for a b-day or V-day, but for no reason at all other than to just be romantic. Dinner for two, romantic overnight get away, etc. Or, are they like my DH who just wants a "wham-bam thank you ma'am" and be on his merry way?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine is pretty good about this kind of thing. He'll stop on his way home from work and get me flowers, or run to the store and get me a treat. When he's gone its not uncommon for him to send me a card out of the blue just telling me he loves and appreciates me. I am very blessed when it comes to my hubby.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Mine is romantic and I thought romance was dead. He will dance with me in the living room and says "we have the music in our hearts", he picks flowers for me for no reason,when he gets ready to leave he will spray my pillow with his cologne and/or leave me a note, and the list goes on and on. We have been married almost 6 years , so I think I will keep him!!!!! :)
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Not romantic at all. But then again I'm learning how to be myself.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• He can be, when I was hugely pregnant and having a bad day he brought me home the prettiest rose and just gave me a kiss and it made me feel better! It doesnt happen very often but when it does its worth waiting for!!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Mine is :) More so than me.. lol He is always thinking about and planning get aways. Special dinners for just the two of us. Always telling me he loves me and how beautiful I am and how lucky he is to have me.. He's a keeper..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My huibby is only home every 4 weeks and when he's getting ready to leave out, showering etc, he has left notes under the pillow, sprayed his cologne on it and made the bed.... I am always surprised, his big truck is in the driveway and I clean it when he's home and he will leave a little note on the dash so I will see it when I'm in the truck... Hangs pictures of me all around his truck, naughty ones etc..lol And he plans a date night for us everytime he's home... I love my hubby!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• My husband of 44 years is extremely romantic, but he was not always that way. He was brought up in a home where that sort of thing was foreign, and so he had to be taught. That's your job as his wife. There is no way a man can know what his woman considers to be romantic unless she teaches him. If you wait until he discovers those things for himself, you will be waiting a very long time. Remember, though, there's a right way and a wrong way to teach him Done incorrectly, you will push him further in the direction you don't want him to go. Study your man and get to work!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It depends also on what you consider to be romantic. My DH is romantic but in his own way. No, he doesn't always bring me flowers -- usually only on holidays -- and no he doesn't get me gifts from places like Victoria Secrets or anything like that. I mean yes, there are the traditional birthday/christmas/valentine/anniversary gifts and flowers but nothing like those which are just "out of the blue".I once told him I would like him to do that and that I would like a gift like something from VS but when he did, it was so out of character for him that the gift didn't feel like it came from his heart. His intentions were good, of course, Ibut I learned that I'd rather whatever the gift be that it come from his heart and not because its the "thing" to do or get. That's not romantic. (cont)
    Anonymous

• He might not bring me flowers and lacey lingiere, but when I think about it, he really is romantic. He always stops off at the store on his way home and brings me little treats like a hot chocolate and things like that or tries to make things special, in his own way. Even if it's soomething as simple as him cooking dinner. My point is, be careful about what you wish for. You might just get it and then realize its not what you wanted afterall. Don't compare your DH to other men; look to the things he has done and said ... maybe they aren't traditional things that are "romantic" per se, but all those little things he does do for you and your family? They come from his heart.
    Anonymous

• My husband is very romantic maybe this is a reason why we have been married for 21 years. He is always finding ways to make me feel special!
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009