Six weeks pregnant...bleeding?!

Im six weeks pregnant, and me and my SO just had sex, and sfterwards when we were cleaining up, i noticed a pinkish color on the TP...It was a VERY small arount, and just light pink, is this something to worry about?

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 8:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. The area in there is very swollen with blood and doesn't take much to bleed. It is very common to bleed after sex. Just watch for large amounts with gray matter in it. If it's just light pink blood your OK. I had the same thing and spotted for a bout a week. Then I got a cold and spotted every time i coughed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Although it can be completely normal. If it was to continue I would ask my doctor to check for a bacterial infection. That is what I had and it wasn't caught for over two weeks or longer not quite sure how long. I know when it was caught it was far enough along it was causing the bleeding. Although, I've never had that type infection before my doctor said it was completely common and almost all pregnant women get at some point during their pregnancy. Just keep an eye out :)
    barefootsdesign

Answer by barefootsdesign at 9:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It doesn't take much for the cervix to bleed during pregnancy. And after sex is totally normal. I would still mention it to your doctor. Anything pink or brown is really nothing to worry about, however red blood is. Talk with your doctor, and keep him in the loop on what is happening, that way he can create a plan if something else were to happen. But I wouldn't worry as of now! Congrats on the pregnancy!
    MommytoIsabella

Answer by MommytoIsabella at 9:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009