according to my husband

every religion is right because that is what they believe. I'm so frustrated right now because that is so wrong. How can they ALL be right when some are so different than others. Yes, I understand that you believe what you believe is right but how can EVERY relgion be right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont really follow religion, but who exactly says which is right or wrong?? In a way, it's like to each their own and every religion is right, depending on your personal beliefs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Every religion thinks it's the right one. I agree with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Please, nobody hunt me down for saying this......

I am a Christian based on how I was raised and certain things that have occurred in my life.

However, I also believe that God will not deny entry to Heaven for people of other religions as long as they were "good" people. (honest, caring, don't hurt other people, etc.) This is my personal belief and not how all Christians feel.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No not all religions are right. There are Truths in religion/supernational just like in real life. Just because a child believe 2 + 2 = 7 doesn't mean that it does. It's not like when someone dies they're going to heaven if they believe in heaven, if they believe in reincarnation they are reincarnted and if they think they're just turning to dust they turn to dust. That idea basically means that God didn't create us - but that we created God. That whatever we believe is true is true so we create our own Truths.

Ask your husband if someone's religion believed in human sacrifice does that mean that's right? If a religion thinks 8-year-old girls can be married to older men then it's right? If not then obviously there are some 'truths' that are not based only on someone's perception. Just because someone feels they don't know what is or is not true doesn't mean that all are true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Ahhhhh political correctness! So overrated. Like Sweeden
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The only way in to heaven is through Jesus Christ, the only way to God who lives in heaven is through Jesus. Everyone who repents of their sins and calls on the name of the Lord Jesus will be saved. It's that simple. We are all sinners no matter how much good we do. So we all have to make it right with God to be in heaven.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Because if you research the beliefs in their entirety, all have the same basic principle. One of Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. Of being kind and courteous and loving the person for WHO they are and not WHAT they are.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I must agree with your husband. All religions are basically man made. Even the bible was written by imperfect men. All have their faults. But at the root of all religions is one simple rule, "Do No Harm." No matter how you say it, it's the same teaching in every religion. How you go about worshiping your chosen Deity is up to you. But in the end the Gods know we are imperfect and can see who we really are. There is no wrong religion, just wrong religions for each person. We muct strive to find on that fullfills us...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think what your husband was trying to say is that all religions lead to the same god, in which case there would be no wrong religion. Kind of like driving from California to New York. There are lots of roads you can take to get there, but in the end, we all end up in the same place.

Anon 9:03, I think you need to realize that there is a big difference between the religion, and the way some people choose to practice it. Just look at the many ways people practice Christianity. The same religion, different practices. If someone chooses to sacrifice a human for their god, that's their wrong choice, that doesn't necessarily make the entire religion wrong.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• All religions are based on the same principals. All carry the same rules of conduct and teach the same basic morals. So, I agree with your husband. It doesn't matter what your religion it just has to do with your faith in God.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2009