Did anyone hear the audio clip from Howard Stern before the election?

The audio clip interviewed young adults on the streets on NYC. They were asked about their support for Obama, but given McCain's facts in statements. For example, Do you agree with Obama's choice of Sarah Palin for VP? And the random people on the streets said YES, ABSOLUTELY! scary.

Do you think people voted for him because of media and more celebrity hype?

p.s. Spare me the "get over it" posts, I'm just asking a question...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh! Yes, that was very funny...and scary!

I have absolutely no doubt, people PREDOMINANTLY voted for skin color over issues!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• sleep

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Careful, OP - I asked a question like this last night, (if people really knew Obama's policies before voting for him) and it was deleted because it got too heated! It is a shame that we, as a democracy, can't have discussion/debate about our views without people whining that it is too much of a sensitive issue.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I guess here on CM, people like the 'fluffy', meaningless questions..."like are you a real birth mother?" posts in Politics and current events...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

•  Well I cannot speak for  other PEOPLE but I voted for Obama solely on issues. And I thought John McCain was dishonest,ruthless and unstable. And don't get me started on Sarah Palin, a total uninformed nitwit.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I personally think BOTH parties were dishonest, ruthless and unstable. Sadly, one of them got in.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Are we really going to pretend that the question last night was deleted for some reason other than the fault of the OP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree with you TeensMom07. I think Obama said what he needed to say to please the people, just as all people do. I think that you'd be hard pressed to find a politian anymore who isn't dishonest, ruthless, and unstable. Sad, sad world. To the OP I fully agree with you that many people voted because of what their favorite celebrities had to say. Although, I will say that I think more people got a little more informed this year than in the past.
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 9:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I completely think people got caught up in the hype of Obama and voted for him without really sitting back and thinking about things. I am actually guilty of this. I have never in my life voted Democratic until Obama and the day after I voted I felt sick to my stomach because I knew I didn't vote with my heart - I got caught up in moment, for sure.
    MrsBeck

Answer by MrsBeck at 9:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Jay Leno does stuff like this all the time. It really is scary how little some people pay attention and how easy it is to find them. I mean Leno would really show a picture of Dick Chenney and ask who a person thought he was and some people wouldn't know. It makes me very, very sad. I wouldn't use this a an indictment of how Obama got elected though. I mean seriously it's the first time since 1996 that we knew who the next president would be on election day and not the day after or weeks after!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2009