Laser Hair removal?

Does anyone have any info on what the going rate for laser hair removal is? If you've had it done, what do you think? Are you satisfied with your results?

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 9:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have done it for over a year. I went to Sona. You can haggle over their prices.
    brigittel

Answer by brigittel at 9:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I went for an evaluation and am a poor candidate. I am fair skin with strawberry blonde hair. The Dr. I saw said the best candidadtes were lights skin with very dark hair. The costs varied greatly depending on the area, how many treatments over how long.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• A lot of places have no prices printed and will give you a quote based on consultation without even looking at the amount of hair you have.....run away very fast.

Make sure there is a Dr who oversees the work, and actually is at the office. You can get burned if the person operating the laser is not properly trained or forgets to check the settings.

I went for an evaluation because I WON $500 free. It seemed like a great deal but when they still wanted a couple of grand I decided to stick with waxing.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009