here is the dilema- 2 of my chldren are wrestling today. 1 is an hour away approx. and the other is 2 hrs away approx. I think my husband and I should each go to one so each child has 1 of us there. M y husband is throwing a fit and is angry with me for this resolution. he thinks we shouldn't go to either ifwe are not going together. what would u do

what would u do

orbitlynn

Asked by orbitlynn at 9:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Split one parent with one and the other parent with the other child
    ainsiesmommy

Answer by ainsiesmommy at 10:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i'd tell him to take his selfishness out of the picture... its not about him its about the two kids... i think kids would understand that parents cant be at both places at the same time, but would understand if one child went with each... i mean, heck, cheering your child on is something all kids needs...
    i never had to worry about if my mom couldnt make it to something.. it was just nice knowing that grandpa and grandma were there, or my aunt, someone.... is he afraid to cheer alone? tell him to get over himself...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It is important that each child have a family member there to cheer them on and congratulate them for a good job. So each of you should go with one child. When I was growing up my parents couldn't come to my programs, and I felt embarrassed because the other kids started commenting on it. Besides it makes the child feel proud when a parent is there. So go and support one of the children and your husband should support the other.

Answer by Bmat at 10:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Send him to the one 2 hours away so he will have more time to cool off. Both should have someone there if possible. Nothing worse than looking one day and wondering when your children grew up.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• His intentions are good, but he's being a butt-head about it. Is there just not enough time to make it to both? Is it a fuel issue? If you both go together, does that mean one child will have to not go to his event?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i would do what you proposed. sounds like his just being a butt. your kids shouldnt suffer b/c the tournaments are at different places!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• So...because the schedules for their individual activities have created a snafu, the kids have to suffer and neither of them get to do anything today? Yeah, he's a little more than selfish.

Each one take one.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think spliting is fine and he is acting like a baby.

Anonymous

• You husband is behaving immature. I think your ideal is what will work best for your situation I rather have one parent there than none.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• so, rather then support BOTH of your children, your hubby wants to support NEITHER?
    he migt as well say to the boys "if we can't show you we love you in a way thats convient for us, we won't show it at all" it amounts to the same thing!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2009