Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do without a W-2 Form?

I always do my taxes myself and last year in March I got a job as a telemarketer. I worked there for one week and then the company closed down. I only made $167 dollars at that job. The rest of the year my dh worked full-time and I stayed home with the kids. Problem being is I have no W-2 to report that income I made and I have made some calls but the whole comapny shut down so I don't think I will be getting a w-2 from them. How do I file my taxes without it?


Asked by WishyClarkson at 10:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 9 (305 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • THat amount is immaterial. File withhout the W-2. If you receive one or if the IRS recieves one, they will notifiy you of the change and any tax implications (minimial) but I do not think penalties will be assessed. If you have a final pay stubb, use that info.

    Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • Do you have your last paystub that you got when you received your last paycheck with them? If so, you can use the information off of that.

    Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • if you received no W-2 from the company, when you do your taxes. There is a question that ask you if you have received any additional income, you can place this in that section. it will be ok without the w-2. just as long as you place it in you'll be fine

    Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • Thank you everyone!

    Answer by WishyClarkson at 11:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • The company has until January 30th to mail them out. if you don't receive one by then just file your taxes without it and file an amended return if you need to at a later date.

    Answer by the3jsandme at 12:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2009