sorry ladies new to this and wondering!!! PLEASE HELP

Ok DH travels ALOT and we are ttc. I am guessing i will Ovulate on the 1st or 2nd. My question is.... he will only be home on the 30th. If we do the BD will there be a good chance of me getting preggers? We really want another one. But he is on the road so much right now. I am thinking this is our best chance. I have a 30 day cycle. if that helps. I keep getting conflicting info from the baby websites. so idk.
oh and i just had AF on the 18th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• That'll be fine. Sperm can live up to 48-72 hours from what I remember. I could be wrong, but when we were trying to conceive we would bd every other day starting a few days before. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes, this may well work out for you. Sperm do live that long. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 11:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Sperm can live up to 3 or 4 days so you would ahve a good chance of conceiving. It would also be a better chance to be a girl because the Y sperm swim faster and would get there before you ovulated. The X sperm are slower so they have a better chance of reaching the egg as it's released.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes, chances are good you could get pregnant. The sperm will live up to 4 days so you don't have to have sex on the day of ovulation to get pregnant. A couple days before ovulation works just as well, and as pp said would favor a girl. Good luck!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 11:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009