introducing boyfriend

My son is 11 years old and I have been dating a guy for almost a year. My divorce has just been finalized. When is a good time to intorduce my son to my boyfriend. My ex-husband has no idea that I am seeing anyone so he is most likely going to try and jeopardize their potential relationship.

kiwi0613

Asked by kiwi0613 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• This is tricky. I would try explaining to your son about the possibility of you having a boyfriend and feel your way around. See how he would feel if you did date. If he first knows the possibility is there he won't be as shocked when he meets a new friend of mommy's. Oh yeah, introduce him as a friend to begin with and gradually have him come around more and more. Soon your son will figure it out since you had the talk before hand.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 3:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I completely agree with the above. And understand that he will be hesitant at first. Just be sure to do things that show your son that he will always come first, even as you are presenting the new guy as a friend.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with the above posted answers. Kudos ladies and good advise, thats what I would say.....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 5:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2008