GOATS? NICE BUT UPSET!

Our nieghbor let out thier 25 or so goats 2mo. ago. I have lots of roses a veg.(that they ate cool vegies. The refuse to put them up, the police wont ask them, said to scare OFF with a BB gun, witch isnt workin. My Buttercups are comeing up, abt 3-4in. already! Im misserable abt this, Dnt want to hurt the poor goats,I shot at them, but watching for goats takes up SOOO much time. I Cant go thru spring with this prob. an Dont know the best an nice way to handel THIS PROBLEM, Need A LOGICAL ANSWER.

ssspw-world

Asked by ssspw-world at 10:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know where you live, but everywhere I've lived people are responsible for their animals. Including the damage they do. There are free range laws that allow you to seek damages against the animals owner if they are going through your fence. Then again he should be keeping his animals fenced in. If he is being negligent in that I would call animal control through the sheriffs office and keep calling until they do something about his negligent animal keeping.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would call Animal Control. If they asre bothering you on your property, you should be able to do something about it. I hope this helps.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It was supposed to say "are". I cannot spell today.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• All I can think of is to keep flowers and vegetables that you care about inside fences that the goats can't get through. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If they are inside fences, take another precaution: good old fashion aluminum pie pan. Even a barely light wind will blow it and scare them. I hope it works.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I Have called our sheriff's office an they said they would come out, an did not we live in a small town an the advice I got was a BB gun, thats not humane, 2me? I have looked for number for amimal control so i will try an get that info from the sheriff's office. An I have fenced in the things in the veg. garden But to put tall fence around the pretty flowers is just ulgy, the pooh is the gross part!! a gate at the drive is the next obtion. He is just rude because we take pride in our home an yard, the goats do have a fence, my guess is he doesnt want to feed them along with the other lots they have. pie pan great idea, something to shot at! lol THANKS
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 11:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Judge Judy!!!!! lol..... that might have to be your next step! hehe
    Anonymous

• You could put up a fence or ask them to put up a fence.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i would say use fireworks ... hehehe i use to make sparklers bombs and they would put off a big bang.. hubbys mom freaked out one day when i did that to the cow in are yard i think she almost pooped her pants ...lol..
    Anonymous

• Use that fencing that is wire squares about 4 inches big. They won't hide the pretty flowers, not even the low growing ones. If it's high enough, (3 1/2-4 feet high) the goats can't lean over and eat them. Goats thankfully are not like deer, who will jump over any fence less than 10 feet high to eat the stuff you planted on the other side!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009