Any other 45 yr olds on here that are pregnant?

My SO and I are expecting our 1st baby. He has 2 children and I have 3 children but we wanted a baby of our own. We know the risks involved; however, we both know what's involved in raising children so it's not like we are going into this blind. We just wanted to create a life out of the special love that we share with each other. I am just wondering how things are going with you if you are 45 or older and pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have thought about the having one more myself and I am 37- I keep thinking maybe I am too "old" for another (my kids are 17 & 15). Kudos to you and your SO for having one in your 40's! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and birth. :)
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• wow i cant give you advice cuz im not 45 but i cant imagine raising a new child at that age i hope to have my kids out of the house by then or shortly after that. Good luck and your journey and i hope things go well for you and your SO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I am 46 and raising 2 grandchildren..we have had them since before the baby was a year old. It is much harder the second time around. Of course the difference is you chose this, and we basically had no choice. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I can't relate as this does not apply to me but here's a couple groups of moms who are going through the same thing as you: '40+ TTC or Pregnant Moms' & 'New Moms (again) at 40+'. Best wishes for a safe, healthy pregnancy and birth!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 11:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Thanks for the info on the groups. I wasn't even aware of that. Thanks for all the good wishes. I have to be honest, not quite the kind of responses I was expecting. I know ALOT of folks think I'm crazy, but this was definitely a decision that was made with alot of forward thinking.
    Anonymous

• My mom had me at 40 and my mother in law had my sister in law when she was 41. I think it is really neat when women can do that! Congratulations.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I'm 43 and due in a few weeks with my second child.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• well congrats on the pregnancy! but i am one of those that thinks youre crazy!(not in a bad way) i hope to be just playing with my grandchildren when im your age. my MIL has 5 kids ranging from 26-20..she has custody of my SIL's daughter..she definately says its harder the second time around. she says she doesnt have as much energy as she used to.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Oh ya, Good Luck!
    tnteaton

• I am not 45, but I am 33. I have 4 kids 13, 9, 7 & 4 months. So as you can see there is a big gap between #3 & #4. I was really, really young with #1. So this has been a huge adjustment for us. But, we are so happy. It is so fun having a baby when you are a little older. Priorities are so much different. Good luck to you and enjoy your little one!
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 8:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009