Gitmo is closing. Are you ready for a terrorist to be in your neighborhood prison???

With the closing of Gitmo these prisoners will have to go somewhere and Murtha of PA says his state will take some. How about where you live???? Are YOU ready to have them in your back yard??? Many do agree it needs to be cleaned up and better treatment but does that mean you want them here, where they hate us so much???? Don't you think Obama may have acted too hasty before having a solid plan????

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Excuse me...
    Why is this so surprising and why is everyone attacking the poster and her question? Nothing that Obama and his buddies do surprises me. And I would think it very strange if all of the world didn't agree with everything he does and says. It is all a big bunch of stuff that "The Enemy" is blinding everyone with. "And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free" John 8:32 I am not an Obama supporter. I believe in the Bible, God and the Biblical truths...I didn't vote for Obama...unfortunately he isn't a Christian and he doesn't follow the Bible...everyone will see Obama for who he really is soon enough.
    greeneyes42055

Answer by greeneyes42055 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I do believe that he acted to swiftly. I have never been a big supporter of him, but this decision puts me over the top. It is a huge threat to our Homeland Security to have these types of prisoners in our communities. It is a shame that he did not look at other options before moving so hastily.
    Hopefully they decide to keep them out of the states and in a more neutral territory or this could open us a whole other can of worms...
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• In fact as crazy as it sounds, some prisons would be beneficial to the US as far as serving as a staying place for them. A real Federal Prison will be more like Prison than Gitmo, Gitmo has been decscribed as vacation for them. So yes, I would love for some boys from Arayan Nation, or some real Gangsters to spend some time with them in they excercise courtyard. Some real American prisoners cohorting with enemy combatants, I give those guys one day to survive. Bring them on.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Its ok some big ol Bubbas will killem off when they are put in our prisons.Our own will protect us when the prez has hios crazy ideas of CHANGE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Lol... let's be realistic. How many of us actually have a prison relatively close to where we live? (And I'm not talking about the local jail house, I'm talking about a federal prison.) Additionally, it's not like we have to find a place for these people RIGHT now. We have a year. (I noticed you forgot to mention that there is an entire year to place them. Oops.) In that time they would be more than welcome to build a facility right here in my home state of Wyoming - we've got plenty of barren areas that you could put a facility up. Not only that, but it would give us more jobs. I mean, they have to hire security, there's office work that has to be done, bilingual people to communicate with the prisoners.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Have you ever thought that there may already be terrorist in your backyard? Not that i wish this but seeing that the govt lost track of foreigners that came here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I counted - 89 total correctional institutions or complexes in the United States. The likelihood of any of these being in the majority of cafemom members backyards is very slim.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• KBR/Halliburton was contracted in 2006 to build 3 new detention centers in the US, supposedly for rounding up illegals. We could always get those built and send em there. I'm sure KBR is a good reliable firm that can get solid, inescapable facilities up in a year, right? They've never lost or misused our tax money, right?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• http://www.bop.gov/locations/locationmap.jsp

Go there. That will let you know if there are any Federal Prisons in your "backyard".
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Geez. You act like these people have superpowers. As if they are going to immediately break out of prison and slaughter an entire town in the middle of the night with their super-speed and super-human strength.

If you happen to have a prison in your backyard, you already have murderers there. Are you really going to notice a difference when they get a new inmate?

Quit blowing everything out of proportion.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2009