Why do we have garage sales when we could just donate our clothing and other etc. to our local shelters?

I run an organization that allows me to take items that people care to donate to needy families to local shelter's etc. But I see so many people anymore after the garage sale's etc. Just throwing these things away and I'm talking about clothing items even with the tags on them do they not know that they could use this as a tax write off by giving in donations? It's surprising by how many forget that with the economic hardship we are facing there are people who can't afford to buy clothing and other person items.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in About CafeMom

• yeah but some ppl have them to make money i know when ever we have one we always donate whateve we don't sale so not everyone is the same
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I hate seeing people throw things in the trash that can be recycled but they are not educated on recycling/ignorant...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2008