Anyone here with a degree in Criminal Justice?

I am looking for someone with a degree in Criminal Justice. I am hoping that someone can give me some insight into what the field is like, jobs that you can obtain, etc. I am looking at going back to school in that field, and am wondering what the field is like from someone who is in it.
I am looking at going back to school to obtain an associated degree in Criminal Justice, but would like some information first. Can anyone help?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband is working on his A.A.S. in Criminal Justice. This is his third quarter and he loves it. He already has a job working at the County Jail and wanted to go to school so he could get a raise and use his G.I.Bill money. Once he started going to school he realized he could do a lot more than stay at the jail or go to the road when he is finished. Now, keep in mind every state/local district will be different with their requirements. Here are some things that you could do with the degree- police officer (after police academy of course), detention officer, prison guard, detective, CSI, probation officer, Court services, Legal aide, or a researcher for a law firm. With a Bachelor's degree you could also work for the F.B.I. and your state's bureau.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Thank you so much. I have done a lot of research online and it is something that I am really interested in, but I wanted some information on where exactly it could get me.
    I hope every thing works out for him (and your family) and thanks for the advice!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009