My Husband had a vasectomy

After my Husbands first marriage having 2 children he had a vasectomy done because he didn't think he wanted anymore children, well now he and I are married and I want to start a family here in the not to distant future, but having his reversal done is so expensive, i can't seem to find anyone who will do it for less than 7 grand. Has anyone else been through this and can direct me towards someone who might do it for lets say... a little cheaper? Or is this one of those things where you pay for what you get...? Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• most people would agree but they have good dr's in mexico who would probably do for much less then that. my mother was told she might have cancer cause of the results she got from american dr and she didn't have ins to get further testing. she lives in mexico and she had the same test done and the dr said not sure why they would say that and they did further testing and she doesn't. it just seems like dr's try to say your sick cause they make money off you here. i went to a dermatologist for my hyperpigmentation and here they say oh do this or that and it was just a big run around. i went to mexico and they gave a product that actually works.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• You can try looking into sperm retreival and AI. Just because the vas deferens was cut doesn't mean he stopped making sperm. They can use a needle to retreive the sperm and then artifically inseminate you. I don't know if that's less expensive. I DO know that reversal is both expensive AND not guaranteed to be effective. I think there's less than a 10% chance of a reversal actually working so having a Dr retreive the sperm from the seminal vesicules (where sperm is stored in the testicles) and then Artificially inseminate you might be your best chance of getting pregnant by your husband.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• What's wrong with adoption You knew he was infertile when you married him
    Anonymous

• invitro...
    Anonymous