Do you think Obama will successfully legalize marijuana?

Just curious!

It's the most popular thing on his citizens briefing book:

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/ideaList.apexp?c=09a800000004fo6&lsi=2

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Well he's successfully going to allow a 13 year old to kill her baby without parents permission so why wouldn't he?
    Anonymous

• I hope so! I would love for my college age daughter to develop an addiction and use it as a gateway to other drugs.

Anonymous

• Shoot I hope so. I don't smoke but I don't think its something that should be illegal. I mean think about all the tax money that is being spent on someone who is in jail for a frikin joint! Pulse I think for someone who endures a lot of pain its a better alternative to pills. My dad broke nearly every bone in his body in a car accident, and he has pain pills, but he doesn't want to become addicted so he would smoke pot. But now he wont cause he doesnt want to lose his job, so he is turning to his pills for pain relief.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Really people, your College sons and daughters can become addicted to drinking before pot.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• "Addiction" to marijuana?

Wow. How many marijuana addicts do you know?
    Anonymous

PLEASE try doing some real research into mj and stay away from DARE and .gov sites. MJ is not physically addictive. It can be psychologically addictive like any pleasurable activity like sex, shopping or food. The gateway drug theory is bunk and has been disproven, it's ALL about the person not the plant.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Sure! Then our tax dollars will pay for their medical bills (as a result of mj use) later on thanks to his health care plan.
    Anonymous

• I helped vote that item to #1 so I do hope he can make some headway in this issue. At the very least he has said he will instruct the DEA to leave medical pts and providers alone in states where medical has been voted legal.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

Really? Please provide proof, not from a govt funded site, that there ARE long term health risks from mj use. 

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009