Is it worth it?

We have the tiniest house EVER. It's like the size of an economy apartment, the living room is smaller than a trailer's. However, it's almost brand new and it's nice for like... a single old person or something. Anywho, we were planning on selling it, taking a loss, and buying a rehab property to fix up. However, after doing the title search it seems that we have some judgements from a previous owner that are still technically connected to our property so we can't sell until we go to court and clear it all up. (Unless our lawyer is wrong, which our realtor thinks he might be since the land was owned by the county for awhile). I really can't stand living here the six months or more it will take to get in court and plead our case. We're miserable and cramped. We are allowed to rent this place out, and then we could rent someplace ourselves. We never wanted to have payments...but would it be worth it until we could actually sell

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It depends on how unhappy you are. If you would feel tremendous relief and great happiness and contentment then get out of there. Make a list. Take a piece of paper and have one column for pros and one for cons. Write down everything that would make you want to stay in your place, and everything that you can't stand about it. For me I think I would tend to stay there and get everything taken care of, but sometimes there are things that make me so nervous and unhappy that it really is best to change.

Answer by Bmat at 12:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Living in tight quarters can drive you insane. Even if you can sell right now its probably not the best time. I would rent it out and then rent a bigger place. Can you afford to rent out a bigger place without the rent payment?? Your not guaranteed the payments. I would get the bigger place and iron out the details of the judgment for the future sale.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I understand being in a small place... it seems that you can't even breath...
    But do you really need a rent payment along side a house payment??? Take the 6 months to clear up whatever needs to be cleared up and then sell...
    You won't regret it.. it is so much easier than moving from place to place... and once you are in your larger place, you will think it worth the wait also...
    good luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well that's the big thing... we don't have a house payment. We own this house free and clear. We've also joked about buying a cheap piece of land, hiring a house mover, and moving this house to another (better) location. Ha.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Is it possible for you to add+ on!? Like my DH is Very handy & can build anything .. We did that & we made our home more livable fun & Enjoyable!! There's many things one can do!! To have anything new is Really Lucky!! Now our Daughters moved out & we have more Room! The Cats Love it! The Grandsons do too! Did you try every option??
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009