Did this stepmom step out of line? adult content

I have an 11 yr old daughter that spends weekends with her father and his GF. My daughter came home with makeup like lip gloss, mascara, eyeshadow and foundation powder. She said her dads GF is allowing her to wear makeup and teaching her how to put it on. The bitch never even talked to me about makeup for MY daughter, she tried to make me feel better by saying oh it's just preteen makeup and she needs to learn how to put makeup on. HELLO THAT IS MY DAUGHTER YOUR DAUGHTER IS STILL IN DIAPERS! Her father doesn't want me to let her wear skorts the skirts with shorts underneath yet it's ok with him to let his gf get her makeup?

I'm pretty pissed off about this! I didn't start wearing makeup until I was in highschool, even as an adult I barely wear makeup. Teaching my daughter how and when to put on makeup is MY job not her step moms so I think she is WAY out of line!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• Wow how dare she offer her opinion on your young 11yr old girl? 11 is way, way too young to wear make-up wtf??? I would be so, so, pissed and would make it clear it better NOT happen again as she is NOT aloud to wear make-up....she needs to back off and now how is you dd going to feel? hopefully she is not going to get upset with you! I agree set her straight.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I think your ex needs to be the one to say that it is no tokay because YOU her mother are the one tht is supposed to teach her that and if you have custody, you can basically demand it not happen. Sorry
    Anonymous

• One more thing. I forgot, and yes your ex should and needs to support you on this & speak up.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• Thank you ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• If this woman is just a GF and not a wife then she not a step mother and has no right to teach your daughter anything. Even if she were married to your ex and were in fact a step mother that does not give her the right to go against the rules that you have set for your child. That teaches your daughter that what you say doesn't matter because she can go to her father and his GF and they will let her do the exact opposite. It sounds like the GF is trying to assert her authority and show your daughter, her father and you that she won't be told what she can do in relevance to your child and that is a dangerous road to go down. Put your foot down down or it will cause severe issues later on down the road should your ex choose to further his relationship with this woman. I remember when my father got re-married, my step mother told me that the cloths my mom sent with me were trash and that she would not be seen in public with me
    sistersage

Answer by sistersage at 4:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I agree with the other posters. I do however think you need to take it up with your ex and let him handle it. Also point out that since he feels skorts are inappropriate so is makeup at this age.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• in those clothes and she bought me all brand new clothes that i was to keep at her home and wear when I went over there. My mother didn't have a lot of money so I got my sisters hand me downs but they weren't trash, just used. My mother was furious when she found out about this and it caused a lot of problems because my step mother was always trying to one up my mom, even when it came to my father paying child support. She tried to get the courts to order my mom to show receipts for what she used the money on cause my step mom thought that my mother was spending the money on herself and it really was none of the woman's business.
    sistersage

Answer by sistersage at 4:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• Sistersage you are preaching to the choir honey! I know what you mean she shouldn't even call herself my kids stepmom because she is not married to thier father, the crazy thing is he and I have never gotten a divorce in the 9 years since I left him for cheating with her who at the time was 15!! She thinks that just because they change thier facebook status to "married" and she changes her last name to his lastname on facebook that that means they are married? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! She has 2 kids under the age of 5 and 2 of them look nothing like him or my kids that are by him. She's a bitch and i'm tired of her thinking she knows whats best for my children while she sits playing world of warcraft all day and her kids run around in soggy diapers with no clothes on. She is TRASH that knows nothing about raising kids, she waits for mine to visit to take care of hers!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I hope and pray that we can get the divorce finalized this year!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I really agree with Coala, just in case she has one of those famous meltdowns that I have seen some pre-teens do. Then at least he will be the bad guy not you!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2012