my boxers whites of her eyes

are not completely white but are red. my standard poodles eyes are completely white. what does it mean for a dogs whites of their eyes to be red?

is this a breed trait cause it don't recall ever noticing them before. with my poodle since she is black and when i tie her hair back you could always spot her whites of her eyes. the boxer i just never notice. she is my husbands dog.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pets

• we have a boxer mix and let me tell you, they are different! She is overly hyper with a very short attention span.

I've never noticed the eye thing, but she is very submissive. If we even slighlty raise our voice she's on the floor on her back. She doesn't pee but she is a big chicken.

If anything gets changed even slightly it takes a while for her to adjust.
    jojoba

Answer by jojoba at 5:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• my dog is a boxer/ american bulldog mix the whites of his eyes turn red alot when he is tired, excited, nervous for lots of reasons is it all the time or just sometimes?my dogs is about 50% of the time
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• well since i noticed it seems like it's all the time but she seems excited and anxious all the time. she has been acting weird lately. we have a routine of taking her out at night to go potty and then put them in garage or laundry room. well she started just going straight there rather then to the back door when we asked her to. she wouldn't come out and then we would have to drag her to the back door. other times we talk to her and she ducks down and then pees. although she rarely does that. she has Never been hit by anyone in our home. so i don't know what is up with her. maybe i'll try keeping tabs on her behavior and see when she is relaxed if her whites turn more white.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• did she get scared by somthing outside ??
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My pit gets red in the eyes when he is tired... If they are red all day, I would call ur vet just incase.
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 12:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My boxers get red once in a while but not white and I have four boxers.Go ahead and bring him into the vet.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009