does anyone here have a sleepwalking child?

i have a child who sleep walks every night i was looking for someone to chat with about this :)

beachflower5

Asked by beachflower5 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• our son outgreww it but we put bells on doors and some gates near the stairs so he wouldn't get hurt he only did it once now that he is older but bummer he left out a gallon of milk ugh
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No, my kids don't sleepwalk, but I feel for you. My brother used to some.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 10:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My DD is still a sleep walker. She usually comes into our room and stands beside the bed. It is truly creepy but luckily she doesn't do it that often anymore. She will only be 7 this Apr. so there is still hope that she will stop LOL
    TessyCat

Answer by TessyCat at 12:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yup, both my boys do, one is 6 and the other is 2. They arent to bad to go out or anything, but usually come in our room and scare the bejeepers out of me. The 2 year old sometimes cries when he comes in, but not often- all while asleep. The 6 year old also talks in his sleep. It makes life interesting.
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My 10yr old nephew is a sleep walker. He's never left the house but he does get up and turn lights on. Once when he was spending the night, he turned the light on and started searching for a movie to watch. We just turn the lights back off and send him back to bed (in a nice, calm tone). My sil says caffiene is a contributor and high amounts of sugar. I'm not sure if these are causes for all kids, but I know they are for him. I cut his pop off early when he spends the night here.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Our daughter does at 11. she wals around nude even when We have company over. but has never gone outdoors. We just get her to her room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My son is 12 and his sleep walking has decreased but he still does. He also talks in his sleep and his eyes are open but you know by what he is saying that he is sleeping. At home I don't worry about him going outside but when we stay in hotels we block the doors. We were in a hotel before blocking the doors and I woke up to him unlocking the door.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• i know how you feel both of my boys have done this. they don't do it very often, but it still happens usually they just walks around the house or come and talk to us. but my oldest son has tried to get out the front door, so we but a bolt on the top of our door, we are the only ones who can reach it. othe than that all i can say is maybe he will grow out of it. my oldest doesn'y do it very much anymore, but we still watch my youngest he does still do it.
    Anonymous