Preterm labor second pregnancy?

I never was able to truly feel contractions with my first pregnancy and had a natural full term birth no medication. I did however go into preterm labor around 28-29 weeks, they said I was having normal contractions, but I never felt them (guess I'm kinda lucky). I only went to hospital because of the back pain and this indescribable feeling of pushing I had.

Here I am 28-29 weeks with my second pregnancy. With the same feeling. Should I go to hospital or wait til dr appointment in morning. I've felt this for a few days....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Go get checked out, I had a friend in a similar situation. She went into preterm labor 3 times with her 2nd child and the 3rd time by the time she got to the hospital it was time to push. It never hurts to get checked out just to be safe. I don't understand why they didn't just stitch your cervix though if they knew you had a history of going into early labor...
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 8:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• You sound like me in the first pregnancy. I was so paranoid in the second pregnancy! I would go to the hospital and have it checked out. I did. For me, it wound up being nothing and I delivered a healthy baby at 37 week. I also wound up having full blown contractions too! Don't feel embarrassed to go. They were really super nice and understanding.

As for why they didn't stitch--it's because it might have been a fluke thing the first time as mine was!

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• It never hurts to get checked in an instance like this, especially since you had preterm labor with a previous pregnancy. If it were me I would go in.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• you can go ahead and go to L&D and if you are having contractions they will give you a shot to stop your contractions, I had my first 6 weeks early and then my second I started to go into labor 8 weeks early and they had to keep giving me the shot to stop it, then my third I started having contractons about 25 weeks so they put me on a pill to control contractions! with both of my boys, 2nd and 3rd child I had them at 35 and 37 weeks thanks to the meds with no health problems!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 12:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2012

• I'm fine for now doctor said :).. With my first I took a pill everyday because we found out very quickly I can't take the shots bec it makes my heart rate go to about 200/minute and that's not good for me or baby. Or them bec I went off after my heart got back down to normal because I told them it would do that with the previous heart problems.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2012