Baby Rash

My 8 month old has had a rash on her face for almost 3 months. It comes and goes. Sometimes it is really bad, covering her cheeks, mouth, her chin and underneath her chin. At her last Dr appt several months ago I asked the dr and they said it probably from teething not to worry. But now several months later its still there and what worries me its now in her diaper area and it dosnt look like a regular rash. I am a stay at home mom and finatically change the babies diaper so its not from that. I dont want to keep running to the Dr., I hate being that parent and they always make you feel stupid, especially if you have already asked them. We have also tried to watch what she eat to see if that makes a difference and it didnt. Anyone had this problem, ideas or thoughts

leeh5

Asked by leeh5 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her to the doctor again, while she has the rash, explain that it has spread to her diaper area and you are concerned. You are not being "that parent" you are a concerned parent, if your doctor finds fault in that then find a different doctor. My youngest is allergic to strawberries and had a rash often, we finally figured out what it is but it took awhile, and if I would not have insisted they look again we might not have found out until she had a sever reaction. So go to the doctor and have it checked, it might be nothing or dry skin or something more. Better to be safe then sorry.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Might be your laundry soap, hair products (try Dove bar soap for washing baby) or a food allergy.
    Anonymous

• Could it be eczema? My son gets it on his face really bad. It comes and goes and is worse when he is drooling a lot (teething).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I dont think it would be the laundry detergent because it is only on her face and diaper area. I might add that when is started in her diaper area it started high like above her pubic bone now has spread down over the course of a couple weeks.
    leeh5

Answer by leeh5 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009