how much food do u give a 10 month old at meal times 1 of each or 1 or the other

well when you make your childs meals how much do u give them do u give them one of everything or just one or the other.He's 10 months old if that helps.

austins_mommy22

Asked by austins_mommy22 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well....as a wife of a chef we have always diversified the childrens eating habits and the best way to do that is to put a little of everything on the plate. At ten months old they should be eating a variety so health wise it will not hurt your child to eat a variety of foods hopefully i am answering your question right i was alittle unclear on how it was written have a good day :)
    beachflower5

Answer by beachflower5 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• 1tsp of each thing at that age. once they are two or depending on how much you make, then increase to 1tbsp of each thing. remember you can always get more, but that is the recommended serving size.
    I have found that if I put to much food on the kids plates, they eat less for some reason. If I put just their serving size on their plate they usually finish it and might even ask for more. I find it strange but they say that it just looks like a ton of food and keep thinking "how am I supposed to eat all this" and such.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Our dr told us about a jar of baby food per serving (3 a day) and dinner maybe a jar and a half (like a jar of a dinner and half of a fruit). And this was at 8 months.
    leeh5

Answer by leeh5 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2009