Brazilian wax - pulling skin taunt?

On all wax products, the directions all say to pull the skin taunt. I've tried to do a brazilian wax on myself, but it's tricky to do that. I just got a professional wax job and she didn't pull the skin at all! Is that the right way? My hoo-hoo is so sore!

sallyjrw

Asked by sallyjrw at 12:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Making the skin tight puts less trauma on the skin and more efficiently removes the hair. It takes a lot of searching to find a good waxer, there few and far between. You can start a thread on Craigslist and see if a waxer comes up multiple times.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree with the response above. I had to help when I got mine done. She was a good waxer but needed more hands.
    Anonymous

• I am a licensed esthetitician and certified in Brazilian Waxing. Your esthetician needs to hold the skin taut and she should ask you to help. With more and more women of all ages receiving Brazilian waxes, you should be able to ask friends and coworkers who they go to. If you still have no leads, then I would go in for a basic bikini wax to test the waters. You will know right away if she knows what she is doing.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 12:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2009