What do you think about Robert Reich's (Obama's economic advisor) racist remarks?

Why is this guy not FIRED? Shame on him. EVERYONE is suffering in this economy. He feels that hiring towards stimulating the infrastructure should NOT go towards "White Male Construction workers" or "highly-skilled people", but rather "black male construction workers" or "undocumented alien construction workers".

It gets worse...and sadly, NO ONE is standing up to this...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1411081/robert_reich_excludes_white_male_construction.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 12:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry, but this is just what I feared would happen if Obama got elected. Welcome to the future, Obama even gave a speech about if people are not in agreement with his decisions and such, then they are racist. I think that being a white person in America now is going to be a very bad thing.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• when did he give that speech? vbongard
    Anonymous

• Oh and this is the beginning !!!

Anonymous

• I agree. Why would we not want to most skilled workers, (regardless of color) working on job sites? I do not care about the color of a person skin, but when it comes down to jobs, the most qualified person should get the position.
    Would you want someone building your house that had no experience, or only got hired based on color? I know I wouldn't.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Aside from the obvious racist remarks...I really feel like affirmative action is TERRIBLY wrong in this case.

So we're going to dump billions of dollars into infrastructure and hire UNSKILLED people for the jobs? I'm not going over any bridges! where is the incentive to LEARN and IMPROVE your skills so that you can BE the BEST person for the job!???!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• also, why is this not all over the news?!!? you know darn well, that if someone said, "black men" should not be hired, the NAACP would smear it all over the place!!! and rightfully so!

I think all skilled people should PROTEST. Boycott jobs for a week, see what happens to this world. it would STOP.
    Anonymous

• I agree...where are all of the Obama supporters NOW?!?!?!? This is just the beginning!!! This is the kind of crap we were afraid of...and not even a week in to his job he's already turning the tables on those who ARE qualified for these kinds of jobs over those who are NOT qualified.

I guess Obama simply agrees more with "on the job training" instead of actually having an education and through work experience, learning a trade/skill...you know, just like him!
    Anonymous

• It's not all over the news, because the "news" supports Obama's idiotic ideas! And we're not hearing from the faithful Obama supporters here on CafeMom, because even THEY know this is wrong, but will NEVER admit that all of their "research" on Obama and his platform agenda, has amounted to a bunch of Bullsh*t!!!
    Anonymous

• You know when we'll hear it all over the news? When a LIBERAL Obama supporter gets bitten in the butt by one of more of his new policies!

See, liberals are often the last ones to get "the memo!" But when they do...you'll hear 'em holler..."it's not fair!!!!" waaaaah!!!
    Anonymous

• thundernlight...with affirmative action you still have to be qualified for the position...they aren't going to give the position to an unqualified person.
    Anonymous