How much would you charge to babysit 3 kids?

A friend of mine who I went to high school with has two twin girls who are almost 3 yrs old, and a 18 month old son who will be 20 months when I start to watch him and I told her I will take 50 dollars per day and feed the kids it's only for 3 days out of the week so it doesn't seem to bad! What do you all think? Keep in mind I have a 1 yr old and an almost 3 yr old myself and pregnant again!

LOl Lets just say I am IN NEED of a job but at the same time I want to be reasonable! And make sure that I AM getting paid that people can still afford it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how many hours per day?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I would say 40-50 depending on how many hours?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I would base it on how many hours. I paid $5 an hour for each kid when I had to have a sitter on a regular basis.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2012

• I always charged 25 per child ( sibling discount was 5.00 off for 2nd child, 10.00 off for 3rd child) so that sounds good and when you tell a parent well I charge x amount but I give sibling discounts it makes it sound bettter LOL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2012

• 150/week for 3 kids sounds reasonable to me. One thing I do for the friend I watch kids for is make the base rate for the entire 7 days of the week so if she needs another day of care she doesn't have to worry about coming up with the extra cash.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2012

• I charge $28 for the first child, $24 for the second and $20 for the third, so $72 / day for all three.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2012

• it's 9 hrs M-Wed
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• I typically charge $5 a hr per child but... It seems like a lot of money for someone to have to pay every day well 3 days. So 50 per day seemed like something someone could pay. I know it's cheaper but I don't mind that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• The thing is... most people make between 8-15 an hr and when you only get paid 80-115 per day it takes all your money on child care
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2012