Normal?What to do?Please help?

I know all about the kick count thing during the end of your pregnancy. Well I am wondering if this is one of the many things that is different in a twin pregnancy as well as all the others. Today I have been doing everything I could to get some kicks and movement out of my twins. But nothing all day, until just recently the one twin started making some moves. I am 35 weeks and a few days, and been having contractions for almost 2 weeks now, but dilating slowly. Is it normal that the kick count thing is hard since they are so cramped? Please help me out... I swear I don't want to go to the hospital again until they are about to pop out!

JustMeTiff

Asked by JustMeTiff at 6:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• At the stage youre in, they don't have much room to move. I remember that I wouldn't feel the twins move as much during the day, and especially if I was up and moving around I didn't feel them kicking and such, the only thing that kept reminding me that I was pregnant was all of the pressure thinking they were going to "fall out" Now at night time was a different story, thats when I'd feel the most movement. I also know towards the end (38 1/2 weeks) I didn't feel alot either.
    I know what you mean about going to the hospital. I always thought the nurses would think I was out of my mind, but one just never knows for sure when you're pregnant.
    lovemy07twins

Answer by lovemy07twins at 8:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I was just talking about this with someone who has 16 month old twins and is now pregnant with a single baby. She said that with the twins she hardly felt any movement, especailly towards the end, because they were so cramped up. But with this one, she feels like she feels every little move it makes! You can always call your doctor, someone should be on call. This is common though.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I felt movemnet all the time. but it wasn't as powerful as when i had a single. there was always some pushing and rolling and punching. And I was huge! I also had them at 32 weeks. 3lb 15oz and 4lb 5oz so i guess they were not that big. i would call your doc if you are concerned! they are very cramped in there! you're doing great momma! maybe if you call your doc you'll get an extra ultra sound ! those are the best! i had them every 2 weeks! so i got to see them moving all the time!!
    gravytwingles

Answer by gravytwingles at 7:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• try eating or driniking something sweet and then relax on the bed. You should feel the twins moving at least a little bit a few minutes after the sugar rush. Also at least in the morning and evening when you are relaxing you should still be able to feel something. If you still don't feel absolutely anything from them I would really contact your doctor cause they could be in fetal stress.
    firaerty

Answer by firaerty at 7:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Honestly, the end of my pregnancy is a blur because I was so uncomfortable but I remember there being less movement and they were definitely cramped in my tummy so I wouldn't worry. I just remember getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions towards the end. When my girl's were born - Olivia had borderline hip dysplacia so it goes to show you how tight is it in there for the babies. You should be going to your appts. every week now so I would definitely tell your Dr. about it. Good luck!!
    twinmom1029

Answer by twinmom1029 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• this is totally normal when you are as far along as you with twins, and probably with any baby. The more cramped they get in there, the less they will kick. Mine didnt kick much at all towards the end of my pregnancy, they sort of just shook all around in there, it was like an earthquake in my belly! Just remember tho-no matter how much of a pain it is to go to the hospital AGAIN, if you feel a need, go. Peace of mind is worth millions at this point, too:) Good luck Tiffany!
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• When I was put on hospital bed rest they asked me to keep a kick count, but like you, there wasn't as much movement because they were literally out of room to move. Even when we did the non stress tests and I had to push that darn button every time I felt them move sometimes towards the end it was hard to tell if they were moving much. It worried me too, but I was having two NSTs and one U/S every week, so I knew the babies were ok. Like the pps said, if you're REALLY worried, give your dr a call and ask how often you should be feeling them kick. Then let them know what you are feeling. Maybe keep track for a couple hours then call so they have a better idea of how often you are feeling the babies move.
    LuvMyTwins407

Answer by LuvMyTwins407 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• At the end of my pregnancy, it was harder to feel kicks as much. I was having bh's all the time, but the dr did not worry about it much. If you are concerned, talk to you dr about it. I am sure that it is harder to feel kicks with 2 than with 1. I felt a lot more with my son than with the girls.
    Seraphinne

Answer by Seraphinne at 9:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I stopped being able to feel the babies about 35 weeks or so too. They get crowded. The Dr. said to sip a little coke and then lay down to see if I felt anything. It usually worked best at night. I still didn't always but the ultrasound always showed the babies wiggling in there so... :)
    LeBoof

Answer by LeBoof at 9:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Oh, also he said that as long as there's wiggling in there once a day I was probably ok.
    LeBoof

Answer by LeBoof at 9:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2008